Services Provided by Harry Daniell Design for Residential Projects*
- Interview to determine client needs, schedules and budgets.
- Establish functional and aesthetics goals.
- Inventory existing furnishings and other items to be reused.
- Provide space plans with furniture layouts.
- Assist in developing the project timeline.
- Develop budgets on all interior finishes and furnishings, as well as budgets for interior improvements.
- Assist in material, finish and furnishings analysis, recommendations and specifications.
- Design all interior details.
- Provide sketches and/or presentation boards of all interior selections and furnishings.
- Review and coordinate furniture layouts with lighting and electrical plans.
- Coordinate fine art and decorative accessories.
- Coordinate and review drawings with contractors.
- Maintain project schedules.
- Review all bids and pricing.
- Provide on-site inspections during construction.
- Provide assistance during move-in.
- Provide punch lists of all work to be completed.
- Filing of Department of Buildings paperwork.
- Obtaining permits.
- * (note: this list is not all inclusive and every item is not needed for every project)
Why Work With an Interior Designer
In addition to their in-depth knowledge of products, materials and finishes, interior designers have the experience and tools to plan, schedule, execute and manage all aspects of the design project from start to finish. They know the importance of listening to the client’s ideas and understanding their needs. From consultation to planning to the execution, they can help in every step, explaining choices and adding value to the client’s budget, project, and final resulting space.
They know and work closely with many vendors, contractors and other service providers, coordinating and orchestrating the entire design team. Designers also provide specification and purchasing services to procure materials, furniture, accessories and art, some of which an end-user (i.e., client) might not be able to find on his own.
When working with an interior designer, the client receives the benefit of an experienced professional who can solve problems, help avoid costly mistakes and, most importantly, create an attractive space designed specifically to meet the client’s lifestyle needs.